First we went to the Chesma Church. It took forever to get there, but it was worth it. The Chesma Church's style is pseudo-Gothic.
At this church I bought a silver ring with the words "Gospadi, spaci i sohrani mya" which means, "Lord, save and keep me." I love it. I've seen them in the churches and metro kiosks before, and I finally decided to get one. I love it.
This was behind the church near the cemetery.
Okay. The Republic of Coffee? Really? They totally stole the Starbucks style.--
I feel like I am so behind in updating you about stuff. Since my trip to St. Petersburg, I have gone to English Cafe, Victory Park, Moscow State University (one of the seven sisters), and a mosque. Also, I am no longer teaching 6th grade or drama. I have one more week of 7th grade and two more weeks of 8th grade. After that I have a week of free time, and then I come home. I can't believe my time in Russia has gone so fast.
Love,
Meredith
Love,
Meredith






4 comments:
I LOVE that first picture. That church is so interesting in color! It's really pretty! I really love the picture with the cross too!
Man, they really did rip starbucks off! I think Starbucks could sue for that. Don't they have a real starbucks in Moscow and St.Petersburg? I would think so! There seems to be one everywhere in the world!
Your photos are incredible! I like the one with that cross in front of the back of the church... such a contrast to that fancy church. Is it really pink? Or is my computer doing funny things to it?
The Republic of Coffee is hilarious! I've never seen a knock-off of Starbucks that was so obvious! :) Do they drink a lot of coffee in Russia? Or are they tea people?
Also! I love the idea of the ring! :) I'm glad you got one for yourself.
Amazing church! Just beautiful.
Post a Comment