

Last Tuesday I went to a ballet called "Night on the Wooded Hill" (or Forested Mountain) which was based on a story by Gogol. It had this famous song in it which you can hear in the video below.
The ballet wasn't what I expected. Everyone was wearing traditional Russian clothing for the first half, and much of the "ballet" was folk dancing. The story was hard to follow, but it picked up after the intermission. What I gathered was that there was a fat, drunk man who passes out. Then, he is terrorized by demons and is taken advantage of while in his sinful state. It was really creepy.

1 comment:
YIKES! THat would really creep me out! Not your typical ballet. Apparently it is typical for Russia though! lol. I am glad you are getting to do all these different things like go to art museums, see ballets, watch Russian folk music! FUN! I wish I could've done those things when I was in the Philippines.
Post a Comment