Saturday, January 17, 2009

"-31...positively toasty."

Oymyakom, Russia, claims that it is the coldest town on earth. In fact, they only close the schools if it gets below -50 degrees C (about -62 degrees F). Interesting video to watch, if you're curious.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Amazing. Well, I guess it could be worse than winter in Moscow.

davidrhelms said...

A friend of ours, an avid walker, said "There's no such things as bad weather, just bad clothes." I hope you ended up finding some GOOD clothes!"

expressions said...

wow! it's a good thing you enjoy the cold. -62 F... damn! I am so excited for you (and slightly jealous!) for all the amazing exoeriences you will have.

And, if you see a pretty door or window... snap a shot for me?:)

Charles & Amber Vincent said...

WOW! That's crazy! Hope you packed your mittens! :) It's beautiful, though. :)

Charles & Amber Vincent said...

WOW! That's crazy! Hope you packed your mittens! :) It's beautiful, though. :)

Amy Rebekah said...

That is an insane life those people live in! Although it would be fun place to visit... for about a week. I am glad you are in Moscow instead; much warmer in comparison =) Can't wait to hear you have arrived safely.
-amy rebekah